Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rainy day

It's a stormy morning here in the ville and the oh so lovely computer system AND email are down work so decided to fill this time with something extremely important, ya know, writing a blog post.

This weekend is Kate's Trade Days. Isabel and I are so freaking excited to have our first outing together as a craft business. So, spread the word to any and all! We look forward to seeing a lot of people come through Trade Days this weekend and hopefully meeting a great many of them as well. I've been working like a mad woman lately and haven't really had time to post about anything other than crafts, the show, or things of a similar nature. I mean seriously, if there were cameras following me around the past two weeks you would all be saying something along the lines of "that girl be crazy busy yo!". My eyes have a perma-stoner look about them lately with a red tint from lack of sleep. But, I'm definitely not complaining, I wanted to do this and I'm enjoying every minute, just 'this girl is crazy tired yo'.

I took a break last night to watch the USMNT play Brazil in a friendly match as they get ready for the first round of World Cup Qualifying in June. For those of you not in the know, that's the U.S. Men's National Team (soccer). Otherwise known as my soccer boys. I love watching the USMNT! I get to watch all my favs playing together in one match, it's great. Several of my favorite U.S. players actually play for European teams so I hardly get to see them play since they're not on ManU or RealMadrid or the few others that are the only ones broadcast here in the states. It was so nice to relax and just watch the game last night, however I will be paying for it tonight for sure! Oh well, it's the price we pay for hobbies and dreams. ;)

I don't know about y'all but I'm super stoked that summer is finally here. Yeah, it gets unbelievably hot here. I don't think many people realize how extremely hot 100+ degrees is with 100% humidity. My cousin and I routinely have temperature debates via facebook comparing Texas and Ohio. I would gladly take a winter with a single day freezing than a summer with 100+ for 2 months (or more!) straight. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I am glad it's summer though. I've already been to the pool several time on the weekends, it's so relaxing to just pop in the earbuds and jam to my "pool mix" while getting a little color and just being calm. I'm using vacation time Friday and Monday since Trade Days is this weekend, well, not because of it, it just worked out that way. I'll be working on last minute stuff Friday and Monday when it's all over I'll be relaxing and possibly hitting the pool for a few hours.

I also love summer time just because of the spirit it puts me in. Does that make sense? I tend to listen to a lot more country music than normal (which means basically all the time) and always want to sit on patios wherever I go. Summer time always seems like a good time to make fun, light meals and of course shopping for summer is always the best! I love shopping for sandals and dresses and other accessories. I could go on and on...

Here are a few pictures of things that I've been loving or that just make me think of summer in general. I'm not posting sources, sorry a girl's gotta have some secrets- especially if it involves super cute fashion! But, if you really want to know, just ask, if you're lucky I might just be in a sharing mood. ;)



Hope y'all are enjoying this time of year as much as I am! Don't forget to come check out Ruffles and Lace this weekend at Kate's Trade Days on HWY 190 East, just after the 405 cutoff. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Happy Summer! :)

xoxo,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment