So, it's been about a year since I last posted on this thing... it's the only way I could think to compile an easily accessible list for the Random Acts of Kindness. As most of you know, RAOK started for my 30th birthday (as a way to not be depressed about getting old, ha!) I had such a great experience with it, that I decided to make it a yearly tradition. Here are the 32 things for this year.
1. mail Valentine's Day cards to military hospital
2. mail Valentine's Day cards to children's hospital
3. Donuts/kolaches to police department
4. tape coins to vending machine
5. tape coins to coke machine
6. recycle newspapers/magazines at Try 2 Recycle
7. recycle water bottles at city recycling center
8. cookies to firemen
9. thank you note w/ candy left for mailman (he left me a sweet note!)
10. clothes to pregnancy care center
11. cookies to university police department
12. tape coins to washer at laundry mat
13. Valentine's Day cards for nursing home
14. cookies for nurses at nursing home
15. pizza to Huntsville State Park guard shack employees (they were awesome and remembered us from last year!)
16. cookies to a neighbor
17. clothes to the C.O.M.E. Center
18. Starbucks card to random person
19. left money prepaid on gas pump
20. coloring books & crayons to hospital
21. flowers to hospital
22. cookies for nurses at hospital
23. scratch off lottery ticket to random person
24. dog food to Rita B. Huff animal shelter
25. food to the mission
26. pay for the next person in line (I did this at Starbucks)
27. diapers for Parent's Day Out at the church.
28. leave a large tip
29. cookies to EMS (he was super nice and gave us a tour of the station :) )
30. senior center donation (I did this Friday at lunch- dropped off a bunch of snacks)
31. clothes to Goodwill
32. cookies to Veteran's Museum
As per last year, there are several items that are pretty much consistent from year to year. I'm trying to branch out, it's just hard to come up with stuff being in such a small town. If you have any ideas feel free to let me know! I could not have done it without my mom baking cookies for me on Friday and Isabel and her awesome niece Bren helping on Saturday, so thank you!! I really enjoy doing this each year and hope to continue it for many more to come.
Hopefully I've inspired you to start your own RAOK project! It doesn't have to be anything huge, just whatever you have time/the means to do. It's a very rewarding way to give back to your community, I know you will love it as much as I do!
Have a great week!