Monday, March 26, 2012

Pillows!

How is it already Monday? This weekend seemed to fly by.. I think we should have Mondays off just to recover from the weekend. Saturday was pretty busy with doing Caitlyn's hair in the morning (she had Protocal that night, which is basically prom). I love curling and styling hair, guess I missed my calling haha. I then went straight from Candy's house to Heather and Ryan's for Miss Ellie's Frist Birthday Party! They had it setup so cute and of course I forgot to take pictures. She is such a ham! That girl knows how to work the crowd. It was great weather for sitting outside and enjoying the day with friends/family. I was really excited to give Ellie the tutu I made (you can see pics in the previous post) along with one of my all time favorite childhood boos, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. I think that's where my strong desire to recycle as a child came from haha. One of the grandparents gave her a little wading pool so after cake and gifts she got in there and played for a while, it was too cute. I was super stoked to see Melissa, whom I never get to see! It's always fun catching up with old friends. :)

Now for Sunday, I spent most of the day working on sewing projects. I wanted to finish off 4 pillows, however the second fabric I was working with didn't want to cooperate very well so it took A LOT longer to finish it than the first one. Soooo, I still have 2 more to make. They're not too hard, if you know how to sew and have some patience. They will definitely be staples in the craft business with Isabel so let me know if you are interested or have a particular color/shape in mind and we can work something out.

Here's the first one. I did more sctructured ruffles on this one, giving it a more sophisticated, classic look. I think it turned out pretty well for that category.

For this next one I was thinking more along the lines of a nursery or spare room used for readind/lounging, you get the idea, so I did more ruffles and placed them much tighter together. Basically it's a little more playfull/whimsical rather than structured. I love the look of the ruffles on this one :)

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but the white pillow is square and the pink is a rectangle. The rectangle shape looks great in person with the ruffles. Here's a side by side so you can see the difference, kind of.


Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm definitely in need of more sleep and will probably be a going to bed and an unreasonably early time tonight like a grandma!

xoxo,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment