Saturday, February 4, 2012

MIA

It has definitely been way too long since my last post, but there has been so much going on over the past few months that I haven't had much time to post. Several events have also come and gone that I did not know how to articulate into blog posts (or if I was even going to) so here we are.

Here's a bit about what has been going on. Last week was my birthday. I am now one year away from 30, yay. Since this is my last year in my twenties, I decided to actually make (and keep) a New Year's Resolution this year. Which brings me to the next thing on The List: The New Year's Eve Resolution. Rather than being an actual "I will do ____" this year I decided to just focus on me. So, I've basically made a list, an ever growing list to be exact, of things that I've always wanted to do. The first thing on The List was actually marked off in 2011, the week before NYE. A group of us went ice skating and it was so fun! The next item on the list was boxing lessons, which I've been taking for a month. I absolutely love it! I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with the lessons with work and all, but since I know the basics now I can box on my own with the bag several times a week after I run. I highly recommend boxing lessons if you like to workout and want to change things up and/or focus on or arms. It's fun and a great workout!

The List isn't in order of completion or anything, I just randomly add things when I think of them. At some point I may upload The List to the bloggity, but for now it's just for me. :)

One of the next items that I'll be crossing off, though, will probably be Painting With a Twist. It's a little art studio that allows you to bring your own alcoholic beverages and snacks while you paint the given picture of the evening for $45. I think it sounds fabulous, especially if you have a group of friends.

The next and probably most important thing that is going on. tomorrow. is. the. SUPER BOWL!
I'm so freaking pumped for this game. For those non football fanatics the New England Patriots are playing the New York Giants in Indianapolis. Which means, Tom Brady vs. Eli Manning. My Boys vs. The New York Football Giants. This is going to be an awesome game. If you haven't noticed from previous posts or that reference to "my boys", I'm going for the Pats. Wes Welker #83 is my boy. I could go into stats and all kinds of info about the team but I'm sure that would bore most of you. So, just know that you need to be cheering for the Patriots and especially for #83 and #87 Rob Gronkowski. I'll be heading to The Woodlands Sunday afternoon with Candy and the clan to watch the game at a friend's house. I made Chuy's dip today for the occasion. I love that stuff! It's literally like crack dip. The recipe is super simple, but I modified it somewhat so it's a bit spicier than Chuy's actual dip, and is a little more flavorful. Candy is taking some vodka soaked gummy bears that I'm very anxious to try haha!

Ok, it's definitely time for bed. I will try to be more diligent with the posts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment