Monday, April 8, 2013

so fresh and so clean...

I've been thinking a lot lately about this whole "clean eating" thing. I know there are varying degrees to making the jump and I have been trying to decide if it's something for me... Well, I've also had a major sweet tooth lately and been snacking waaaay too much, I think from lack of sleep from the time change, yeah I'm a grandma and still haven't adjusted. So, I decided to take the leap!

As of today, I am clean eating. I'm not going crazy hardcore with it, but I am cutting out processed foods and sugar and trying to just eat natural foods. Sunday evening I roasted a huge sheet of veggies and made my first ever batch of quinoa. If you've never made quinoa, it's definitely a task to make it, those suckers are tiny! *Note to self, buy a 'mesh' strainer.* I also made a homemade salsa to use as a topping/sauce. I'll be bringing this for lunch every day this week. Oh, and FYI quinoa is mega filling. I didn't even bring a full serving of it and I still didn't eat all my lunch because I was so full. Annnd in case you're wondering I brought grapes and baby carrots for an afternoon snack at my desk ;) I'm hoping this will not only make me healthier in general, but also translate into better running as well. We shall see!

Anyone else planning to try clean eating?

xoxo,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment