Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Summertime, time to sit back and unwind."

Campus graduation was this last weekend, and let me just say these past two days have been completely boring. Candy and I cleaned the office yesterday and are now without one single thing to do at 9:30AM. Luckily, I brought my laptop so I can finally update this blog... I know, I've been bad about updating (except for posts about Love146- which is an amazing organization)!

As some of you know, I've been working on some craft projects recently, one of which is the butterfly mobile in an older post. I'm also making several other items and plan to start an Etsy page once I have more projects completed and pictures taken. Hopefully this will happen within the next two weeks or so. The first items will be mainly baby inspired, since I came up with this idea after making Amy's mobile and attending her awesome baby shower. Once I get going with some of the baby items, home decor will be added. I'm super pumped about this and can't wait to get this entire project off the ground! Hopefully you will all find something you like! ;)

Keeping in the theme of being bored at work, I've decided that I need to be productive this summer, and actually accomplish some goals. Essentially create a "summer to do list" of sorts. I was inspired to do this after reading a recent post by one of my favorite blogs, Fit Foodie Finds, when she completed a post recently regarding her goals for the year. I think this is an excellent idea to stay focused and also organized (hello, we all know I'm crazy OCD about being organized!). So, here are my goals/things to do over the summer:

1. Setup my Etsy page and other outlets for selling crafts by June 1st.

2. Continue making at least a few items per week after June 1st.

3. READ! .. I've been severely lacking in the book department lately. I LOVE reading, just haven't found anything I want to read in a while. Feel free to leave suggestions! ;)

4. Continue trying new, healthy recipes each week. I'm totally in love with my Perfect Oats and the variations I've been trying. (recipe courtesy of Lee over at Fit Foodie Finds)

5. Run 3-5 miles/day even after the Love146 Tread on Trafficking event is complete on June 30th.

6. Add more swimming days to the workout after HISD is out for summer (since I wont be picking up kiddies anymore).

7. Travel. This is a tough one since I'll be working with a tight budget, but I will definitely be visiting Dev in Dallas, and then heading to Austin at some point to see my Erin and hopefully Jonathan too. I'd really like to add some other inexpensive trips as well, like kayaking, fishing, relaxing at the beach, and hiking. The history nerd in me really wants to hit some nearby museums I've never been to as well. I'll gladly take suggestions and love to have people accompany me!

8. Find/try healthy restaurants in Houston with Jo and Melissa.

9. Run 200 miles and bike 200 miles in June/July. I'm pumped about this one and can't wait to start!

10. Blog more. I know, the posts have been few and far between lately. Hopefully, I will be able to take care of this goal quickly since I'll be posting about all my crafts. :)

11. Meet new people. This is a tricky one, since I live in a small town that is comprised mainly of young people (as in high school/college students). So, hopefully I can accomplish my travel goal and meet new people along the way!


I think this is a pretty good list to start with. Obviously, I reserve the right to add to the list if need be. ;)

I hope you all have an excellent summer and are able to accomplish any and all things you would like to do! This weather has been amazing and only pushes me to do more and more every day.

xoxo,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment