Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Water Bobble? Yes, Please!




Last fall I created a twitter, and I love it! Several of my friends have Twitter accounts and I also follow some of my favorite celebs for their witty and informative updates. This brings me to my main topic, which I stumbled across via @SophiaBush on Twitter. First off, I love her! She's intelligent, super cute and cares about the environment - which I do too, although I'm sad to say not to the extent as the lovely Sophia. Check out her blog over at http://www.sophiabush.com/blog/

You can thank me later... Now on to this post!

As all my friends, family, coworkers and other people I come into contact with on a daily basis know, I'm totally into bottled water. I LOVE IT! I hate tap water. This hatred, could stem from the fact that, our city water supply does not have the best taste. Being the concerned consumer that I am, I found a great recycling facility to take all my empty bottles to.

Well after watching this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnyCdbzo60&feature=player_embedded, I decided that my recycling wasn't making a very large impact...Which brings me to the Water Bobble. The coolest drinking contraption I've seen since I was a kid and had a curly, twirly straw to drink my grape Kool-Aid! These Bobbles are so fun! They come several sizes, colors, and are super cheap compared with regular bottled water. But most of all, they're environmentally friendly! The bottles range in price but are all basically under $30 with replacement filters around $7. Considering that a filter will last about 300 fills, it's much more affordable than buying case after case of bottle water. For those of you using a filtered pitcher in your refrigerator (props to you!) this is a great way to have filtered water away from home, or a cheaper alternative to those pricey pitcher filters.

I'm also going to love the idea of drinking from a Bobble rather than a bottle, just like my curly straws. :)

Everyone needs to check them out over at http://www.waterbobble.com/! Spread the word, tell your friends, families, coworkers or strangers on the street. If we all start doing this one little thing, it could make a huge impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment