Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love146

For those of you who haven't received an email, read my facebook status, or saw my tweet, here's a quick post about Love146!

It's an awesome cause, dealing with child trafficking. Basically, you register and pledge to raise money to correspond with your workout. You track how many miles/hours you workout each day and awesome people can donate per mile or just a one time amount. It's pretty cool, you track it all on your own so if you like to workout alone, whether it be running, walking, biking, swimming, in/out of the gym, whatever! So, basically while you're keeping healthy and in shape, you're also helping raise money to help some kiddies who really need it.

After hearing (er, reading) about Love146 from one of my fav celebs through twitter, I sent a "feeler" email out to a few of you to see who would be interested in helping me create a team. Well, as most of you know I'm rather impatient. So, as I was perusing the website for more info, trying to wait nicely for your responses, I started checking out the registration page annnnnd went ahead and created a team. ;)

You can check out our team site here,http://Love146.kintera.org/tread/texaslove146 , I know, I say team site even though I'm the only member so far, BUT hopefully that will change as soon as all my awesome friends join!

For those of you who are not able to participate in the working out part, or just don't want to, you can go to my page and donate if you'd like! http://Love146.kintera.org/tread/kristig

Just remember, the actual working out (for Love146 anyway) doesn't begin until May 1st and goes through June 30th. For 8 weeks I'll be busting my hump to help some kiddies and it'll be helping me too! I'm very competitive so having a really amazing reason like this to workout extra hard/long is really motivating. Those of you who already workout could use my theory of letting this cause push you harder, and those who may not workout so much, could use this as a means to jump start a new routine. I figure as long as I'm going to be at the gym doing some sort of cardio anyway, there's no reason not to join Love146!

If you have any questions, let me know. I hope you will at least consider joining and/or donating to Love146!

xoxo,
Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment